Drinking Alcohol, College, etc.?

9:34 Publicado por Mario Galarza

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota
Okay this is probably going to sound like as dumb post but yeah.

Basically, throughout secondary school the only friends I had were what most people would say are boring. It's not like I wasn't interested in doing stuff like getting drunk or whatever but none of my friends were ever interested in this and stuff. The only stuff we'd do out of school would be meeting up in town etc. which I guess is a bit boring, I thought it'd be cool to just randomly go down to London for the weekend or w.e but they'd usually just say something like maybe in a couple of years etc.

But now I'm going to college and trying to make friends with more spontaneous people and the like and I feel kind of awkward when the subject of alcohol and what people did over the weekend comes up and stuff.

I'm not really lying, I'll say that I just went to town with friends or didn't do much at all but I'm thinking after a while they'd think I'm boring etc. and with alcohol I just say I don't like the taste. Which is partially true but it's not like I don't drink alcohol out of a moral choice and it's not like if I were given alcohol I wouldn't drink it because of the taste.

I don't know. I don't really like to lie to people but at the same time I'm fed up of being so boring and I don't want to end up going to uni in two years time and being perceived as naive etc.

I was just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice?

I know people will probably say I'm being vain or even pathetic but I just want to have different experiences and meet new people etc. I'm fed up of spending Friday nights on the computer and Saturdays walking around the shopping centre for hours on end lol.

Preferably from people who've been in a similar situation.

Also is it weird that I feel like I have to specify that I don't like to drink even though I'm under 18 lol?


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario