Incontinence whilst in halls

23:54 Publicado por Mario Galarza

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota
Apologies in advance if this is a little too gory, but I can't think of any other way to word it

I'll keep it nice and simple by saying that due to my incontinence I need to wear incontinence pads partially during the day and fully at night and I've just moved 250 miles away from home for university. I've been checked out medically and for now, I'm supplied with products that match my needs and have been fully medically assesed, apart from this issue I have no other medical problems.

I was wondering whether anybody has any experience of dealing with such products in a confined space? My preference is to keep my problem as low key as possible, only key people like my family know.

I've moved into pretty rowdy halls- definitely a party flat as theres a mix of 2nd and 3rd years in my flat and I'm incredibly nervous of them as they're very loud, always have 10+ of their friends over each night and I'm starting to feel a little intimidated over my problem as I obviously keep my products in my room/en-suit and due to the amount I need on a monthly basis, you need only to look in my wardrobe to see the boxes of pads stacked up.
My door remains locked apart from when I use it to enter/leave and my flatmates are starting to get a little suspicious as to why I don't let anybody freely wander into my room like the rest of them.
They're the group of people that will come in after a night out, then bang on my door at 4am expecting me to answer- I'm obviously wearing a fairly noticeable pad at this time of day and I'm not in a position to open my door and see people. During the day, I'm fine with social situations as my protection is far more discreet and I suit my clothing to the product I'm using.

Is it worth getting in contact with the disability support centre at my university, to see if they could be of any help?

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be appreciated, as I'm only 2 weeks into term and starting to get a little frustrated!


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario