MPG and engine size?

5:15 Publicado por Mario Galarza

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota
Driving, driving lessons, vehicles... Old 2 Hours Ago: 25th September 2011 01:36 I always thought a smaller engine meant lower fuel costs, but I've been looking at some facts and figures (specifically Fords) and what I've seen it looks like 1.4L have more MPG than 1.2L engines, does that mean better fuel economy? Also, am I right in thinking 1.4L engines have lower tax?

Help and any extra information would be very useful, so I know if I've got the wrong end of the stick!

Old 2 Hours Ago: 25th September 2011 01:46 Is one petrol and the 1.4 diesel? Road Tax on modern cars is based on CO2 (which is really just another measure of fuel economy).

Bigger doesn't always mean more thirsty, my dads new company car is a 1.6 TDi Octavia Estate replacing a 3 year old 1.9 TDi. The 1.9 got 55mpg+ while the 1.6 gets barely above 50 simply because it lacks torque so you are always having to rev it to get anywhere

Old 24 Minutes Ago: 25th September 2011 03:39 I always thought a smaller engine meant lower fuel costs, but I've been looking at some facts and figures (specifically Fords) and what I've seen it looks like 1.4L have more MPG than 1.2L engines, does that mean better fuel economy? Also, am I right in thinking 1.4L engines have lower tax?

Help and any extra information would be very useful, so I know if I've got the wrong end of the stick!

if you're looking at the 1.4 TDCI - it's a Diesel

there doesn't seem to be much difference worth shouting about between the petrol engined ones.




View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario