Utility and countries happiness

12:43 Publicado por Mario Galarza

Hi all

I think I understand, the concept of utility in economics - total utility is the aggregate satisfaction, which were an individual of all it receives consume - correct me if I'm wrong.

People want now, of course, that you get maximum value for the money they spend.

But this has me thinking - why, in rich countries, where people of more available income and greater choice of were to consume, are people often right as less happy than people in less well - of countries, without much choice available in profit or loss?

When I say "happy", I mean, that after too many indexes - the happy planet index, satisfaction with life index and numerous studies around the world - therefore have many developed countries many unfortunate people.

Please correct me / tell me major shortcomings in what I say, see, and feel free to comment on the reasons why you think that this could be the case.

Thank you in advance


View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario