Access to the library for not UoE members

19:11 Publicado por Mario Galarza

Welcome to the University of Edinburgh-Forum: where prospective and current students can nothing about Edinburgh discuss University. Old 8 Minutes ago: 21 July 2011 18: 25 Re: access to the library for not UoE members Hiya,.
I currently live in Edinburgh and have read a lot and General Studies (dissertation English!), I was hoping, access the University Library, unfortunately I am not at the University of Edinburgh and as far as I know, that the only way to actually in the Hall of the library access is via the map. My friend is to study here and he is not sure whether guests are allowed and has want to risk with his card, and so on me. I'm in Cambridge, and even in school libraries where no one except for members of the College in, guests they can follow even logged in, as long as simple rules (time approved by the library, etc.), so... with the expectation that the library is not restrictive, and as a member of another University I would appreciate you if you know me when leave could :
(a) guests may be logged in, to the use of the base library facilities (I search not books from the library borrow)
(b) what is the risk of me with his show caught (i.e. they do round, ID checks, etc.?)
Thanks! Access rights you can get only if you are a student at another University. She'll give you an access card, etc.. If you are an undergraduate not you can borrow books, but if you are a postgraduate you can borrow books. SCONUL access is a desired. May be you need to get a form from Cambridge but (you may be able to print you it from the Internet or they could stamp, so maybe they have telephone and they could post-it) and Edinburgh apparently, that to have a photo. I did it the opposite way to Aberdeen library used when I stay with my friend, the registration takes a few minutes and then you can swipe than normal.

She would not really use his ID card questions about you, to be honest. I saw never during my 4 years it check someone cards, although if you swipe it the wrong way, and they come, to help you, then questions could you why you have a young face. As long as you usually looks like a student and to know what you are doing/where you're going, then she wouldn't be really questions, why were you displayed in the library.

http://www.ed.AC.UK/Schools-departme...r-Universities




View the original article here

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario